I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Tried to follow my son's advice


I was really debating about holiday merchandise. In general, my stuff is not cute. Beading Halloween jewelry didn't seem to be my thing. But, my son REALLY wanted me to try to make an orange wire pumpkin. I tried and, I must say, it looked kind of crappy. Then he suggested I add the jack-o-lantern face. I didn't even bother to take a picture! So, I stepped back and thought about how I could do themed stuff in my own style. I came up with this necklace and these earrings. Understated and unusual. Not a pumpkin in sight.

My next challenge will be "holiday" time. Didn't grow up with Christmas and I can't see myself going that route. Maybe the Solstice......

No comments:

My latest treasury!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=10648