I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer Vacation- Almost Over

If you're a student, these words absolutely chill you to the bone. My own children get angry every time we pass the back to school isle in Target. My teaching ramps up again in September so I, too, am thinking lesson planning, registering 60 new students, will they like me?, learn anything from me?? As far as I know I'll be assigned three sections of toddler parents for the year. All want to know if their child is normal and extraordinary at the same time.

I love the children. No matter how hard the rest of my life may be that day I can forget it all for two hours when I chat with two year olds! I love talking with the parents. No one should have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to children. Happy, confident parents make for happy, confident children. That's what I try to offer each year. That's what I'm gearing up for now.

All of that said, and in spite of my own children, I'm looking forward to the start of school again. Some sort of regular schedule. Some time to myself to think and create and, and, and...... If you're a parent I don't need to finish that sentence!

So, I plan on enjoying these last few weeks and mentally preparing myself for all that comes with September. And, figuring out what I want to do with this blog!

2 comments:

Morrgan said...

I hope you have a good few weeks ahead, plus an equally good start of the school year! :)

' said...

I love your blog! I hope you get some creative time in before going back to school!

My latest treasury!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=10648