I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Motivation in the face of no vitamins



Well, as I posted in January, I had surgery to remove most of my small intestine. I'm frustrated to say that I'm still struggling with the after effects in June. I'm sick to my stomach most of the time and tired all the time. This is making moving ahead with my business plan very difficult. To say nothing of maintaining myself at work and being a good parent and wife.

I have so many cool ideas floating around in my brain that it's hard to sleep but I'm having trouble with the follow through.

To keep my spirits up, I'm moving along as though nothing has happened and planning for the future. I'm scheduling shows, which are fun and exciting, I've come up with two totally new design ideas that I've introduced to my shop, and I've had a meeting with a gallery director in West Seattle. And...... she took all my new copper patina pendants! That was a huge boost last week.

I guess I've been thinking a lot lately about what kind of person gives up under these circumstances and I'm hoping it's not me. It would be so easy to crawl into bed but something just won't let me do that. Doing my art has helped me to stay optimistic and has given me a reason to keep looking forward.

2 comments:

sherrie said...

Hey Beth, I have some time now that school is out and I am trying to catch up with everyones blog. I enjoyed reading what you wrote and it sounds like though maybe not as fast as you would like, you are moving ahead and are doing some neat things around your bussiness. I mean going out and taking the first step in haveing your jewlery in a gallery. way to go! I am stopping by at the Ballard show. We finally got our house on the market so now I have some time to dedicate to my etsy stuff. hang in there!
Sherrie

sherrie said...

Oh I forgot wicks and wires is my new shop :)

My latest treasury!

http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=10648